As we finish up 2020, many of us are feeling like we’ve never been so ready for a year to be over. While it’s tempting to want to shut the door behind us and not look back, we know that God does some of His best work in the midst of struggle and suffering. That’s why we want to invite you to spend some time to reflect on this past year- the joy, the sorrows, the opportunities, the losses- and to recognize how God has been at work in your life. We have created a set of questions to help you as you spend time with God reflecting on the past and dreaming about the future.
In addition, we have a few more recommended resources if you want to dig a little deeper into learning how to hear from God and be more intentional in creating spiritual rhythms in the new year.
- Next Steps Podcast // Prayer of Examen (Adam and Alicia Penning)
- Hearing God by Dallas Willard
- Crafting a Rule of Life // Bridgetown Church
- Next Steps Podcast // Creating Space to Hear from God (Hannah Busse + Sarah Bianchi)
- Next Steps Podcast // Spiritual Practices that Help Us Grow Our Desire for God (Daniel Owen)
If you have any questions or would like to connect with a pastor as you walk into this new year, please don’t hesitate to connect with us.