Every day we are faced with countless decisions that can change the course of our lives – for better or for worse. In the Bible we see people disregard God’s wisdom, and as a result, make decisions that lead to heartache, discord in community, and injustice. But those who embrace God’s wisdom lead lives marked by generosity, peace in community, and justice.
In the book of Proverbs, we find an accumulation of wisdom from generations of godly people. If we choose to put this wisdom into practice, we will discover that God’s wisdom leads to a truly great life.
- 7/28 – About Wisdom
- 8/4 – About Lust (**appropriate for 5th grade and older)
- 8/11- About Money
- 8/18- About Alcohol
- 8/25- About Friendship
- 9/1- About Work and School
- Download YouVersion, the Bible app we use here.
- Click on “Plans” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the search icon, search for “Proverbs.”
- It’s a 31-day plan, start it on August 1st and read a proverb a day!
Video and Podcast Recommendations
Introduction to Proverbs // Bible Project
Introduction to Wisdom Literature (Proverbs) // Bible Project
The Message of Proverbs (Bible Speaks Today) by David J. Atkinson
God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life: A Year of Daily Devotions by Tim and Kathy Keller